tirsdag den 10. juli 2012

Best of Roskilde Festival 2012

Bon Iver was a beautful experience and their songs worked much better live than I would have thought. One of the best moments was when everybody sang along to Skinny Love.

Blitz The Ambassador makes afrobeat hip hop from NYC and Ghana and it was a blast. I didn't really know them, but they played at the same time as The Cure who I've never really listened to (I only know their hits), so I decided to experience some new music.

 Gossip was amazing. We were at the very front and Beth Ditto is such a cool and talented woman. She came down to right where we stood, so I touched her (!!!!!) and got an up-close photo of her.


Nils Frahm is a modern classical composer and pianist. His music is incredibly beautiful and so was the concert. It was so relaxing that I almost fell asleep.


 The Roots was one of the bands I had looked forward to the most. Again, we were at the very front and it was crazy. They covered a lot of songs, including a bit of Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin! Loved it. Unfortunately, they didn't play anything from their newest album Undun which is really good! But it was a great concert in so many other ways.


 Janelle Monáe was a copy of last year's concert that I  didn't see, so it didn't really bother me. Her live singing performance was really good and Cold War almost made me cry.


 Of The Wand And The Moon was also kind of an impulsive concert. I had only heard a few songs back home, but I really really like the music. It's a kind of dark doom folk.


Mew was the highlight of this year's festival. I've listened to Mew since I was 11 years old or so, so it was not only an amazing concert but also a nostalgic one. Even though it was in the middle of the night and I was absolutely exausted, I wanted the concert to last forever. The combination of the music, the stage show, and the light setting was just fantastic. I really re-discovered the best band in Denmark.

Ingen kommentarer: