lørdag den 3. april 2010

F u n e r a l s
are a curious, awkward, sad and beautiful thing.
My great grand mother died a week ago and today was her funeral.
I think it's a little strange that the priest tells us about a person she has never met, but we have lived all our lives with.
And what does God have to do with any of this? We are in no way a religious family, so it doesn't comfort us to hear the priest say that nobody dies alone, 'cause the Lord will always be with us. It simply annoys me. In my world, there is no God. That doesn't make me less able to handle death and the loss of a loved one. There are other things in life to rely on than religion.
Anyway, it was a beautiful funeral. The room was lit up by the sun, the flowers were pretty and the hymns were nice.

I'm listening to Howl At The Moon, the new album by The Floor Is Made Of Lava. Next weekend I'm going to their concert.. it's gonna be fucking wild.

Ingen kommentarer: